As West Los Angeles’s most advanced center of its kind, we have unequaled access to proven and cutting edge technologies, matched with innovative processes for optimal and enduring results. We work with you to help you live a pain-free and enjoyable life. We take pride in communicating with our clients in an open and sincere manner– one that people can trust and understand. Specializing in the relief of severe pain due to peripheral neuropathy, one of the most impressive parts of the program is that it is a drug-free approach with lasting results. Imagine not needing to take drugs for the rest of your life to treat the pain. There are no cookie-cutter treatments at our center. We are different because you will receive one on one treatments with Dr. Jason Kelberman, DC, BCIM, who will get to the bottom of your nerve and muscle dysfunction. Find out more about us by calling to arrange a consultation today! You will not be disappointed. And you will not be told that you just have to live with it!
Manage your symptoms before they get worse:
- Burning or Freezing
- Shooting Sensations
- Sharp Pain
- Poor Balance
- Difficulty Sleeping
As a Neuropathy patient you’ve likely been told “You have neuropathy so here is your prescription for the pain medication”, or you’ve been told, “There’s nothing that can be done for the neuropathy in your legs and your feet.” Typical medical treatment involves anti-epilepsy drugs and anti-depressants, or even worse yet opiates, and these drugs do nothing for the underlying issue which is damage or death to the tiny fiber nerves in your feet, hands or legs. Using the latest in technology, we offer non-invasive, NON-DRUG, nonsurgical, and painless neuropathy treatment that is provided solely at our treatment center. This program consists of Class IV laser therapy treatment, combined with special AC current stimulation for increasing blood flow to the affected areas, oxygen therapy, spinal decompression, complete foot muscle rehabilitation, balance training, foot orthotics, specific neurological reintegration protocols of the peripheral nerves to enhance their function rapidly.
We are probably the ONLY center treating peripheral neuropathy that actually rehabilitates the function of the feet! There are very simple ways of increasing the strength of the muscle in your feet, ankles, and legs. Orthotic devices are helpful but must be soft for most neuropathy sufferers to tolerate them. But orthotics do not make you stronger. Stimulation is the key to returning any atrophied muscle to strength. We stimulate the nerves and exercise the muscles. This is always part of our neuropathy rehabilitation services.
How the modern technology works to combat pain:
- The underlying cause of neuropathy is the lack of nerve fiber density in the injured area. Nerve damage or death of the nerve tissue. While traditional treatments such as drugs from neurologists, physical therapy, massage, acupuncture, or chiropractic are all effective therapies in their own right, none of them address the cause of neuropathy and therefore are only short term fixes, if they are of benefit at all. So, you can see that there are many different types of PN and must be treated accordingly.
- We now have the ability to quickly increase circulation to the nerve damage area which brings blood and oxygen for blood vessel and nerve regeneration.
- Long lasting results for symptoms, often times permanent, because the cause of the problem is being addressed. Damage to the small or large fiber nerves. The large nerve fibers have a fatty sheath around them called “Myelin”. This Myelin degenerates, causing numbness, muscle weakness, loss of reflexes, and a variety of other symptoms. In order to recover from this type of degeneration, you must have a good fat (fatty acid) metabolism. As a general rule good fats come from the ground and are grown and bad fats come from animals. This is where cholesterol reducing drugs get in the way. Yes, they lower your cholesterol but they also block fat metabolism which can be the cause of some neuropathies.
- Many people who suffer from PN also have significant metabolic disorders. These are best addressed with food modification and specific metabolic supplementation.
- Because cholesterol lowering medications can cause neuropathy we have worked with many MD's to find alternative solutions to statin drugs. Low cholesterol does not mean you are a low risk! High cholesterol does not necessarily mean you are a high risk! It’s the type of cholesterol particles that you have and frequently these are genetic (runs in the family). There are different cholesterol particles that can now be tested with a Lipid Profile by just about all labs. Combined with a carotid artery ultrasound and calcium score you can accurately access your risk of cardiovascular disease. You will also read that high levels of inflammation are also a major cause of cardiovascular disease. If you are a woman, your risk factors are best analyzed by utilizing the latest 3D heart scans.
- Our center has extensive experience with the treatment of different types of Peripheral Neuropathy. So, we have used most of the modalities available today for the treatment of PN including NeuroCare, Tesla, Rebuilder, decompression, Class IV “K” Laser, Infrared and the latest development Ozone therapy.
- For some patients reducing excitability of nerve tissue is paramount. For others, stimulation is the most important goal. There are over 2000 medical research papers on these types of therapies with no known side effects and an extremely high success rate.
- Sensorimotor integration (foot and leg rehabilitation) is possibly the most critical component of this program for reducing pain. And the treatment is Pain-Free! We must also strengthen the affected areas after the nerves are stimulated to eliminate the dysfunction that is always present in PN. Westside Wellness Center has the most effective foot rehabilitation program in the city.
An important component is to understand that Peripheral Neuropathy is a degenerative condition that took years to create and must be treated metabolically and neurologically to get at the underlying cause of the degeneration. That is the only way to get long lasting relief. By using the best of the latest technology, these proven and effective treatments not only can provide considerable relief, but they have also been documented to allow for nerve reformation.
Specialized for Peripheral Neuropathy, Spinal Stenosis, and Disc herniations.
- In our center, you receive specific, focused, quality time with Dr. Kelberman, DC, BCIM, (usually 30 minutes). In most chiropractic centers you spend 5 minutes or less with the Doctor. You get the same treatment each time you come in usually to your spine ONLY. If you have an issue with an extremity you get the same spine treatment ONLY.
- NO ONE is treating your FEET completely! We utilize both soft and hard custom orthotics that are from plaster casts and foot exercise rehabilitation. This gives us the ability to address plantar fasciitis, neuromas, and gait-related (walking mechanism) problems with knees and hips as well as other areas of the body that are thrown off when your feet do not work properly. We also treat plantar fasciitis, neuromas, and walking problems with knees and hips.
- Home therapy enables us to deliver more care and thus faster improvement. Home therapy equipment is available as well as home exercises, so you improve quicker. And just as important as getting well is staying well.
- Staying well is just as important as getting well. So once you achieve improvement we make sure you have the tools you need to stay that way.
Contact us today to discover more about our drug-free non-invasive completely painless neuropathy pain relief treatments. This therapy has no known side effects and an excellent success rate. A recent national study revealed a 90.1 % satisfaction rate from the individuals receiving the care.